Thursday 16 June 2011

Has it already been 3 months?

Baby M is 3 months (and 2 days old). I'm still a little in shock as to where the past 14 weeks or so have gone!

Don't know why, but I somehow think of the 3 month milestone as a huge achievement - probably because by this stage, babies would have developed so much further along than their 1 month old milk guzzling, crying self into a little being with a distinct character and personality traits! More on Baby M's progress in another post but here is a quick run down on her typical day now that she's 3 months old and has her voice - as told to Mommy by Baby M in 'her own words'!

Baby M at 3 months (14 June 2011)
"I am a wee bit petite so Dr Yip says at 5.43kg and 55.5cm, although my brain seems to be developing fine since my head now measures 38.5cm! Never mind, I'm sure I'll catch up with all my other friends when I start eating all those yummy things Mommy and Daddy keep putting in their mouth.

Most days, I wake at 7am with a smile on my face as I babble "good morning!!" to Mommy and kick my feet. Sometimes, I'm not hungry (especially if Mommy fed me at 4 or 5am) so I take my time eating and smile and gurgle at Mommy in between sips. Since I can now talk, I try out my whole new vocabulary of "oohs" "aaahs" "eehhhhhssss" and "kksssstttss" on Mommy, and practice my different smiles with her. 

All that kicking, talking and playing with my hands makes me really tired, so I yawn through my morning top and tail. I'm quite happy to get out of my manky diaper, but I'm always surprised (everyday!!) and let out these huge gasps when Mommy wiping my face with cool water! [Aside by Mommy - Baby M is a drama mama queen when it comes to washing her face in the morning with her theatrical gasps and facial expressions. Still hoping to be dexterous enough to wipe her face AND get a photo!] I'm quite ready to have my morning nap by 815am and stay sleeping to about 915 or 930am when I wake for a short play session before my next feed. 

Mommy's milk energizes me for an hour or so where I play in my orange bouncer with the cow toy that moos. Usually I get a bit cranky after so much play, so I go sleep for another 40 minutes or so until lunch time at 1pm.

I now drink well from the bottle (about 125ml) and all that milk coming at me in 5 minutes means I'm usually drunk and asleep within 20 minutes! Aunty Tina has to wake me by tickling my feet and changing my diaper, and I polish off the remaining 20ml or so and happily take my afternoon nap.

Later in the afternoon after tea, on days that Mommy and I are not out and about, I'm usually raring to go out for an evening walk with Mommy! I also spend some time on my tummy, and am starting to practice my rolling onto my back - wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I also love it when Mommy props me on her knees and lies back to "fly" me around the room and when Aunty Tina puts me on her knees and plays horsey.

All that play is making me quite hungry by now, so I have a quick snack and then comes my favourite time of the day. Splish splash is great fun, especially when I have the yellow British duckie Daddy got for me from London! Splish splashing ends too soon though, and I wear my jammies and try to settle down for night night time. But first, I must say goodnight to everyone in the house, from Gizmo and Max, to Aunty Tina, Daddy and Mommy and turn off all the lights. If I'm really tired out, I'm asleep by 845pm, otherwise like Mommy, I sometimes don't need so much sleep so I play and kick and generally annoy Mommy until 1145pm!"


No comments:

Post a Comment