Tuesday 24 May 2011

Firing up the engines!

It's been nearly 5 years since I uploaded my last blog post as A and I packed our bags to leave Melbourne and I came to the end of my 6 month sabbatical. I've always kept a diary to record life's momentous events, and blogging on Chocolate & Spice back then was a great way of recording my kitchen adventures and time out from working life in a different country and keeping family and friends back home in the loop.

Since then, life has gone through a 360' change - plunging straight back into the long hours and grind of working life, progressing up the ladder in my career, buying and fitting out our first home amidst the property bubble of 2007 and the excitement of our wedding and newly married life together in 2008. Despite good intentions to keep up my blog, recording my thoughts on each new chapter in our life together took a backseat with the increasing responsibilities in our household, our careers and our marriage taking up much of my time and energy the past few years. It seemed more fun then to live in the moment than to take time to pen down thoughts for posterity!

This year, A and I turned another page and started a new chapter in our life together with the addition of Baby M. With every day bringing a new experience and many moments of joy (and pain) with Baby M, it seemed timely to restart blogging about life as a woman, wife and now mother. Finding the time to do so on a regular basis will definitely be a challenge given my working hours, but the impetus behind this is that one day, Baby M (and maybe our other future children) will read what life was like in the Red****** household.

No comments:

Post a Comment